Henry and I drove to Utah to spend 10 days with my family over Christmas. While we were there, my mom hosted our first, hopefully annual, Winter Tea Party! It was a "girl's only" thing, and we had so much fun!
I was in charge of making the treats...
Tea cakes (aka sugar cookies). I thought it would be cool to have a stenciled snowflake pattern on them, so I cut a little paper snowflake and dusted powdered sugar through it onto the cookies. They turned out very snowy looking see?...
I also made a recipe called High Tea Lemon Cookies using lemons I picked from my tree and brought to Utah with me. I got a lot of compliments on them.
My favorite treat ended up being the Apricot White Chocolate Scones. They were yummy and looked so beautiful!
We had a few minutes before guests started arriving, so my sisters and I got a little creative with the blue napkins...
We cut out some snowflakes,
and I made some pom-poms!
The best part about the night was spending time with family. I tried to take a picture of everyone sipping their herbal tea...
Kryssie
Shan ( I love this picture by the way Shan!)
Lauren ("LaLa")
Sue
Paige
Mom
Grandma
Nicole and Paige
Me
Hayden and Dad joined us later on, even though it was a "girls only" party.
Dad's making a goofy face on purpose. He loved eating the lemons I brought!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment