Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Eve

Ah, such fond memories I have of Christmas Eve's past. As long as I can remember, we've gone out to breakfast and sometimes lunch with family then off to some fun activity. I remember going sledding some years and once I think we went over to the church gym and played basketball. This year, we went bowling!

Mom, Dad, and Danny with his puppy dog face.

Haydie got a spare!

Kryssie obviously did well on her frame as well!

Kryssie showing off the cornrows I braided on the side of her head.

My brothers bowling with the same frame at the same time. They both missed.

Nice form Henry!

My festive outfit topped off with sparkly tights and a bow!

Dad, me, Danny, Kryssie, Haydie, and Henry

__________________________________________

On Christmas Eve night we do a different event at each family's house: appetizers at one, dinner and music at another, and dessert and presents at Grandma's. Grandma has a tradition called a "Jack Horner Pie" that she always does on Christmas Eve. She ties a string to a small present for each of us, puts the presents in a big pot, covers the pot with wrapping paper except for a hole in the middle where the strings come out. On Grandma's count of "1-2-2 and a half-3!" we all pull our strings and get our presents. It's always so magical! 
Jack Horner Pie

Henry and me at my parents' new house. 

Mom and me

Me and Hayden. We laughed at how much we look alike. I found a picture of me when I was his age, and it seriously looked exactly like him! Not that you look like a girl Hayds... 

Kryssie and me

Me and my boys (Danny, Haydie, and dad)

Paigey sportin' her awesome gloves and jacket

After the festivities with the extended family, we go home and change into our pj's and set our blankets out for Santa to put presents on. Then Mom gives us our ornaments to commemorate some event from the past year and reads us a new Christmas book. My ornament for 2011 was a "shabby chic" scene that mom painted on a wooden ornament. Henry's was a Chinese snowman that mom painted to commemorate his trip to China last August. Then it was off to bed with sweet dreams of sugar plums dancing in our heads! 

No comments:

Post a Comment