Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lacey's Workshop

I'm finally getting a chance to post about my holidays! Here's a few of things I had goin' in my holiday workshop...
Winter snowglobes! I made these trees out of sparkly garland beads. I glued them on one tier at a time, gluing the bottom tier to the lid of a mason jar with super strong glue. Then, I filled the jar with water, glitter, and fake snow and screwed the lid on tight. I think it's a cute way to display any little figurine. 

For my violin students, I ended up making these little "counters" to help them with their practicing. I often give them "drill spots" (trouble spots that they have to repeat correctly 10 times or so everyday), and these counters can help make that more fun. 
I used two painted wooden shapes that I had nailed a hole through for the ends, stuck a wooden dowel through one, slipped on 10 pony beads, stuck on the other end, then glued some jewels onto the ends.

I'm super excited to use the gift my friend Liz gave me...
A pen and ink set! It looks so beautiful as well as being useful. I want to make some herb labels with it. Thanks Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment