Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know this is a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There's so much to be grateful for! I'm so grateful for my husband and family, my talents, my little red house, for time to spend working on my goals and doing things I enjoy, for the earth and all its loveliness, for joy and hope and progress, and most of all for Jesus Christ who makes it all possible!

We got to have two Thanksgiving dinners this year! The first was with friends at Josh and Noura's. Noura always does an awesome job with parties. She's started doing event planning, which I think is a perfect fit for her. Here are some of the pics from her Thanksgiving party...

I love the garland! We had fun making those hanging tissue paper balls (there are lots of tutorials on YouTube on how to make them).





Martinelli's! (Since we don't drink alcohol) :D
_____________________________
On actual Thanksgiving Day, we met up with Henry's extended family at a restaurant at Nokia Live called Trader Vic's. It was my first year since being with Henry that I've had American instead of Arabic food for Thanksgiving! I love Arabic food, but it was nice to have some turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. 
Josh, Henry, and funny cousin Abe

Me and Henry

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Remember to have an "attitude of gratitude" all year long! Try immediately replacing a worry with something you're grateful for. It's amazing how fast those worries disappear altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment