So I haven't posted for a couple of weeks for two main reasons: the first is that I had a big application and audition video that I had to turn in last week. I want to go back to school to get my Masters degree in violin performance. I've grown, learned, and overcome so much since graduating with my Bachelors and believe I'm ready to really shine this time around. Anyways, the application and all that encompasses had me real busy.
The other reason I'm late posting is because our power went out for a couple days, then internet for almost a week, because of the massive winds we were hit with last Wednesday night. It was crazy! Huge trees were completely uprooted all over the place. I ended up sleeping over at Liz's house since I didn't dare go outside with the wind howling the way it was.
When the power went out, I realized the gaps in our emergency preparedness like how we don't have anything to cook our food on or charge our phones if the power goes out. I also realized that I probably need to show Henry what I have prepared in case of an emergency. Oops. Poor guy was all alone and unaware of the fact that I had candles and such. :D
Our sad empty fridge... I had to throw all the food out since the electricity had been out for a couple days.
______________________________
I've been wanting to check out the Farmer's Market at the Americana for some time now. Henry convinced me to go over for a minute Saturday saying I'd have fun, and sure enough, I did! I stopped in at the petting zoo since I love animals and intend to have all sorts of different types when we eventually have a house and some land...
Goats are kinda ugly, but I love them anyway!
Baby bunnies!
This guy was my favorite. I think he's a baby llama or a close relative.
Something about animals makes me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment