Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Winter Crafting

Here are a couple of crafty projects I've done this week...

Last Saturday, I suddenly came up with the idea to stick a fabric cutout of birds on a tree on my wall. I knew I could come up with and cut out a pattern that I liked, but wasn't sure how to stick it onto the wall. I experimented on the inside wall of my closet, and found that using a regular old glue stick works very well! I'm pretty sure the fabric will just peel off when I'm ready to take it down, and I can get any glue residue off with some soapy water. I wish I could get a better picture of how it turned out, but I really like it!

These hot chocolate and marshmallow-holding snowmen were Noura's idea. She's been following websites like Tip Junkie and Craft Gossip and found tons of cute ideas like these! We used two jars, cardstock for the hat brim, acrylic paint for the face, ribbon for the bowties (or use fabric for a scarf), and buttons. Don't they make cute gifts?

Here's another snowman idea I found. Snowmen are great, because you can use them all winter not just until Christmas. You use containers like Gatorade bottles to make these ones. I like the recycled paper trees next to them too. The whole scene is totally from recycled materials! Some people come up with the most creative things.

No comments:

Post a Comment