Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Take Time to Dream

Hi everyone! I've decided to dedicate Wednesday evenings after I finish teaching to blog posting instead of trying to do it multiple times throughout the week. I'll collect my ideas and pictures during the week, then it will be more like a weekly news letter from the Little Red House

Last Wednesday was my friend Liz's annual "Witches Tea Party." I think it's such a cute idea, and I always have such a good time! My favorite is the pumpkin soup... Another thing I really like this year was the cheese and crackers with the cheese cut out in little pumpkin and moon shapes (she used tiny cookie cutters). Such a cute idea! 

Liz bought these Halloween drink labels and put them on over the regular labels.



Two of my favorite little girls. The one on the right is my violin student. 

Speaking of violin students. I held my first studio recital since being on my own teaching! I only had two students perform plus two guest pianists and myself, so it was a short one, but my studio is growing and I'll soon have enough to fill an hour-long recital. The kids did great, and I can tell that performing made them feel really proud of themselves and excited about the violin. Those are my main reasons for teaching!
 One of the moms had this banner made and gave it to me! Looks like we'll have to keep this a tradition. 
Me in my rag doll costume.

Lilli playing Allegro
_____________________________________________

I've really been working hard at progressing each day towards the life I dream about. I've set goals which involve my violin performing and teaching, financial goals, and a goal to have the Little Red House completely unpacked, decorated, and set by December 1st. Every morning, I think about all the things I'm grateful for and then I picture myself with my dream life. It really helps me feel excited about the day. It also makes it easier to work at my goals since I have the end result in the front of my mind. Here's a picture that always pops into my head when I'm doing my dreaming...
The land, the flowers, the girl's beautiful, healthy procelain skin... I love the simplicity and calm!

Anyways, I'm a huge believer in taking time in the morning to read scriptures and other inspiring books, ponder about how to make myself and my life better today than it was yesterday, and to DREAM! 

One more quick thought here on my journaling post... I was so inspired by this quote I read in Daughters in My Kingdom, a book my church came out with this year about the history of our women's organization:

"The Holy Ghost satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum. When I am filled with that Spirit, my soul is satisfied, and I can say in good earnest, that the trifling things of the day do not seem to stand in my way at all. But let me lose my hold of that spirit and power of the Gospel, and partake of the spirit of the world, in the slightest degree and trouble comes...You cannot impart comfort to me that will satisfy the immortal mind, but that which comes from the Fountain above. And is it not our privilege to so live that we can have this constantly flowing into our souls?" -Eliza R. Snow  

So even though I'm always dreaming of the life I want, I don't have to feel a terrible longing for it. The Holy Spirit helps me feel satisfied and fulfilled all along the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment